Monday, July 7, 2014

Thoughts on Choices...and Day Six

Yesterday evening was when it got "real" in my head.  I'm really pleased with how well I'm doing so I wanted to take a few moments to highlight what I'm happy about changing in the past week.

  1. Prior to starting this, I was taking meds for nasty headaches and other issues 5-6 days a week.  Since starting I've only done this twice, once caused by the "Day 2 Debacle" and the other this AM from a minor headache from the same med.  Mental note - probably avoiding that one down the road. 
  2. I see a huge difference in my ability to cope mentally.  I really didn't think I could handle this but figured I would try and...here I am doing it! :) *someone toss me a party hat!*  This is the first full week that I haven't wondered if I needed to go back on prescription medication for depression and/or anxiety.  That's HUGE in my world.
  3. I am loving how much energy I have.  I feel better all day long.  I laugh more.  I play more.  I have FUN more.  That makes the "little sacrifices" worth it.
So....there ya go!  So far, so good.  Now, I won't lie and say this has all been easy.  It hasn't.  It also hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be.  So take that with a grain of salt.

1/4 of the way through!!!!!
Now to answer a few questions:

  1. Why did you choose this company? 
    • I chose this company because it was the best fit for me.  I'm not a fan of powdered food and I'm REALLY not a fan of soy since I'm very sensitive to it.  This company only has a teeny bit of soy lecithin in the Meal Replacement Shake which I take only 1x a day and has NO other soy.  That's a HUGE important thing for me for many reasons, not the least of which being I don't like being ill.
  2. Why didn't you choose the company *I* use?
    • 3 reasons.  1 - see above.  2 - This company is really secure in what they're doing.  I felt I would have the support from my distributor that I needed and I also felt that this was something I could do long term and maintain the losses I make.  This is something I can do for the rest of my life, even with the VERY crazy life that I lead.  That makes it worth it to me.  3 - Almost 100% of the people I know have done something like this through some kind of company.  Everyone has their own "pony" they've picked.  I can't ride every single one of your ponies.  I had to find the one that was right for me.
  3. Why won't you tell us what company you chose?
    • This is a very simple one to answer.  If I tell 1 person (even my Mom doesn't know!) then I know I will blow it and tell EVERYONE.  If I tell everyone then I have to listen to the 9,000 people who will rip on me for not choosing their "pony" OR for choosing a "pony" at all.  I have to hear all the negative talk about the company I did choose.  I don't need that in my head right now.  I need to focus on what *I* need to be doing.  I don't need to hear about how this won't work or I should have chosen that company because it works better, faster, etc.  This is MY journey to travel.

And that's why I've made the choices I have.

Regardless of the results, I will gladly share what I did at the end.  If it's a miserable failure, then I will say so and name the company.  If it's a fabulous win I will say so and name the company.  If it's somewhere in the middle I will do the same.

What I do know is right now I am seeing results.  Is it likely at least partially "water loss"?  Yes.  Is it likely at least partially my food choices and has NOTHING to do with the products of "Company N"? Yes.  Could I have done this without "Company N"s products?  Maybe.  Could I have done this without the support AND accountability of "Company N"s distributor?  No.

There it is in a nutshell. I NEED the accountability and support of someone who is vested in this journey with me.  Someone who has walked this road and will be there on the days when the going gets hard.  I need YOUR support too.  I need people who will hold my hand when I have questions that no one can really answer.  I've spent the past 12 years of my life, probably longer truth be told, helping to hold everyone else up.  I need some cheerleaders in MY corner now.  If that seems selfish, then I'm sorry.  I've thrown my health out the window in the name of "helping everyone else".  I need to help me now or I won't be able to do this much longer because I will be pushing up daisies.

So right now, I'm sticking by the choices I've made.  I'm 1/4 of the way through this journey, and pleased with how well it is going.  There are still many mountains to climb but for this moment and in this place, I'm good. 

Thank you for sticking by me - even if I didn't choose "your way".  Even if I didn't go about this in a "way you would prefer".  Thanks for listening, for being there. Thank you for your prayers, this is ONLY possible through God.  And thanks for being the people I will always remember as holding me up during this time.  This 24 Days is something I've never attempted before.  I've never been selfish enough to put my health first for more than 2 days because something always came up.

Well, "something" came up in the past 24 hours here....and I'm still doing this.  I haven't thrown it out the window in the name of "helping someone else".  I've stuck to it.  And I'm not going to stop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment